Want to help your client save money and avoid potential trouble with the IRS? This CPE course, which has been updated for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), explains what may trigger an IRS audit, how to negotiate, settle on appeal, qualify for an IRS collection program and evaluate your client's best options for dealing with the IRS. You will also learn about IRS audit techniques, how to handle requests and appeal rights so you can represent your clients with confidence.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Evaluate IRS audit trends and the audit selection process.
- Determine when IRS requests could be challenged.
- Identify the timing, scope, and location of various IRS audits.
- Understand IRS audit techniques and inquiries and appeal rights.
- Manage the information document request process and evaluate the contents of a revenue agent report.
- The assessment process
- Audit selection, examination, and the appeals process
- Installment agreements
- Offers in compromise
- Advising delinquent taxpayers
- The IRS collection process for tax liens, levy, seizure, and sale
- Bankruptcy and the effect on tax liabilities
- Practice before the IRS
- Business taxation
- Tax liens levy seizure
- Fund recovery penalty
<< Back I want more information on group training
FIELD OF STUDY
CPE CREDIT HOURS4
CPAs, enrolled agents, and attorneys
PREREQUISITEExperience in business taxation
For individual training, visit:
(Outside the U.S.) CGMAstore.com
CONTACT A TRAINING REPRESENTATIVE:
1-800-634-6780 Option 1