SOC for Service Organizations Deep Dive
Presenting the content used in the SOC for Service Organizations School, this CPE course features considerations and application exercises covering complex SOC for Service Organizations-related situations to prepare you for your next engagement. Apply system and organization control (SOC) principles in complex and nuanced SOC 1®, SOC 2®, and SOC 3® engagements. This course assumes you have experience performing and managing staff who conduct SOC engagements. For each type of SOC engagement, using your existing experience and the concepts discussed during class, you will complete case study exercises that walk you through the more complex types of SOC engagements. These realistic case studies will be from manager or senior leader's point of view and focus on SOC engagement pitfalls noted in peer review. After completing this course, you will have the confidence to immediately apply your new skills on your next engagement.
When you pass the exam, you will be awarded with a certificate in the form of a digital badge. A digital badge is a validated, graphical representation of your significant achievement. There is a description of the specific knowledge and skills you’ve demonstrated or achieved to earn it. As digital badges become the global standard for recognizing and publicizing professional development, your accepted badge will allow you to distinguish yourself in the marketplace and show your commitment to quality.
Important note: Each exam purchase entitles you to one exam (first attempt) and one re-take (second attempt) if you do not pass the first attempt. Prior to accessing the re-take, we recommend you study any topics identified in your first attempt exam results. If you do not pass either the first or second attempt, you must purchase two more attempts. Exams passed outside of these purchase and re-take rules will not result in the issuing of a digital badge. If you have any questions regarding the completion of any of your exam attempts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your results.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify guidance affecting SOC for Service Organizations engagements.
- Assess and evaluate the needs of a Service Organization to determine the appropriate SOC for Service Organizations engagement.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of criteria selected in complex and nuanced SOC 1, SOC 2 and SOC 3® engagements.
- Identify common SOC for Service Organizations engagement pitfalls and determine how to avoid them, particularly in more complex SOC for Service Organizations engagements.
- Apply guidance to planning, performing and reporting on SOC for Service Organizations examinations.
- Guidance applicable to SOC for Service Organizations examinations, including SSAE No. 18, SOC 1® and SOC 2® guide updates, 2018 description criteria, 2017 trust services criteria.
- Planning, performing and reporting considerations related to SOC for Service Organizations examinations.
<< Back I want more information on group training
FIELD OF STUDY
CPE CREDIT HOURS13 hours (Self-Study Online), 10.5 hours (Video Webcast)
Managers, senior managers, and partners responsible for performing and managing their firms' SOC engagements; senior staff of firms specializing in SOC engagements
PREREQUISITESubstantial experience performing and managing staff on SOC 1, SOC 2, and/or SOC 3 engagements Mastery of SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 engagement fundamentals
For individual training, visit:
(Outside the U.S.) CGMAstore.com
CONTACT A TRAINING REPRESENTATIVE:
1-800-634-6780 Option 1