SOC for Service Organizations School
Apply system and organization control (SOC) principles in complex and nuanced SOC 1®, SOC 2®, and SOC 3® engagements. This two-day live school assumes you have experience performing and managing staff who conduct SOC engagements. For each type of SOC engagement, using your existing experience and the concepts discussed during class, you will complete case study exercises that walk you through the more complex types of SOC engagements. These realistic case studies will be from manager or senior leader's point of view and focus on SOC engagement pitfalls noted in peer review. You will leave with the confidence to immediately apply your new skills on your next engagement.
Once you complete the SOC for Service Organizations School, purchase the Advanced SOC for Service Organizations Certificate exam to earn your certificate. When you pass the exam, you will be awarded with a certificate in the form of a digital badge. A digital badge is a validated, graphical representation of your significant achievement. There is a description of the specific knowledge and skills you’ve demonstrated or achieved to earn it. As digital badges become the global standard for recognizing and publicizing professional development, your accepted badge will allow you to distinguish yourself in the marketplace and show your commitment to life-long learning and competency.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Evaluate case study fact patterns to formulate and defend a recommended course of action for sample engagements.
- Interpret complex fact patterns to complete case study exercises related to SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 engagements.
- Evaluate SOC guidance to ensure nuanced engagement issues are handled appropriately.
- Client Engagement Planning
- SSAE No. 18, Trust Services Criteria, and authoritative SOC guides
- Planning, executing, and reporting on complex SOC 1 engagements
- Planning, executing, and reporting on complex SOC 2 and SOC 3 engagements
- Changes to the SOC landscape, including new guidance
<< Back I want more information on group training
FIELD OF STUDY
CPE CREDIT HOURS16
Managers, senior managers, and partners responsible for performing and managing their firms' SOC engagements; senior staff of firms specializing in SOC engagements
PREREQUISITESubstantial experience performing and managing staff on SOC 1, SOC 2, and/or SOC 3 engagements Mastery of SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 engagement fundamentals
For individual training, visit:
(Outside the U.S.) CGMAstore.com
CONTACT A TRAINING REPRESENTATIVE:
1-800-634-6780 Option 1