Tax Considerations and Consequences for Closely Held Businesses
Provide insightful recommendations for the challenges faced by your closely held business clients. Employ smart business decisions that will minimize the tax burden, not only on the business, but also on the owners. The concepts are uniquely laid out in the course to allow you to easily and quickly identify those tax-saving strategies that fit your client’s situation. Course materials include the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) tax reform law.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Recognize developing tax issues that are impacted by the business’ operations.
- Recall key points concerning strategies relating to benefits, choice of entity, basis considerations, financing alternatives, passive activity, nexus, cancellation of debt, bankruptcy, and compensation.
- Identify how to implement strategies to reduce the taxes paid by the business.
- Recognize and plan for the impact of the business taxes upon the owners of the business.
- Entity options
- Retirement plans and deferred compensation
- Passive activities and at-risk issues
- Shareholder/partner basis
- Insolvency and bankruptcy
- Business losses
- Distressed properties
- Tax credits
- Succession planning
- Multistate taxation
<< Back I want more information on group training
FIELD OF STUDY
CPE CREDIT HOURS8
Managers and partners in public accounting who assist clients with tax planning and transactions, and owners and CFOs of closely held businesses
PREREQUISITEExperience in business taxation
For individual training, visit:
(Outside the U.S.) CGMAstore.com
CONTACT A TRAINING REPRESENTATIVE:
1-800-634-6780 Option 1