Advanced Topics in a Single Audit
Be prepared for the weighty responsibilities of planning, directing, and reporting on a single audit engagement conducted under the Uniform Guidance. This course gives you insights into key issues that are not covered in other courses, with an emphasis on advanced topics that require particular attention. Case studies are provided to help put the guidance into practice.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Assess when planning a compliance audit of federal awards.
- Evaluate whether the requirements related to the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA) have been met in your audit engagement.
- Evaluate whether major federal programs to be audited have been appropriately identified.
- Interpret the requirements for understanding internal control, assessing the level of control risk, and testing the effectiveness of internal control relative to federal awards.
- Interpret and evaluate the reporting requirements of a single audit.
- Interpret and evaluate guidance regarding sampling in a compliance audit.
- Identify considerations related to pass-through entities.
- Planning the compliance audit and other risk assessment considerations
- Required elements of the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards
- Major program determination process, including the considerations of clusters, loans, and loan guarantees
- Considerations when assessing and evaluating internal controls over compliance
- Evaluating and reporting on applicable compliance requirements related to compliance testing
- Considerations of pass-through entities and subrecipients
- Audit sampling in a compliance audit
- Advanced audit reporting issues
FIELD OF STUDY
CPE CREDIT HOURS8
INTENDED AUDIENCEAuditors responsible for planning, directing, and reporting on single audits
PREREQUISITEIntermediate competency in single audits
FIRST OFFERINGMay 15, 2018 (First offering date guaranteed for all orders placed by 2/01/2018)
Email course to a friend
CONTACT A TRAINING REPRESENTATIVE:
1-800-634-6780 Option 1 firstname.lastname@example.org