Taxation of Property Transactions
Gain a practical understanding of the various complex tax laws dealing with sale, disposal, or exchange of property. This course includes analyses of the rules dealing with like-kind exchanges, and includes involuntary conversions. It also covers important property-related timing issues and planning opportunities that can lead to significant tax savings.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Apply proper treatment of involuntary conversions.
- Explain the deferral of realized gain or loss on a like-kind property exchange.
- Determine the amount of gain or loss on the sale of property.
- Determine the character of recognized gain or loss on the disposition of business property.
- Implement comprehensive property tax strategies to minimize taxes.
- IRC sections 1231, 1245, 1250
- Depreciation recapture
- Capital gains and losses
- Non-recognition transactions
<< Back I want more information on group training
FIELD OF STUDY
CPE CREDIT HOURS4
Tax staff and senior associates
PREREQUISITEBasic knowledge of property transactions and taxation
For individual training, visit:
(Outside the U.S.) CGMAstore.com
CONTACT A TRAINING REPRESENTATIVE:
1-800-634-6780 Option 1