Tax Planning for Small Businesses
What tax planning strategies will you provide for your corporate and small business clients? This course explores state-of-the-art planning ideas and tax-saving strategies to keep more of your clients’ money in their pockets. Updated for the latest legislation and IRS guidance on tax reform, this course answers the tough questions and show you what strategies are best for your clients as a result of the most recent tax legislation.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify important tax considerations for the small business at each stage of its life.
- Differentiate entity type options available for small businesses.
- Calculate the Qualified Business Income deduction under Section 199A.
- Identify the pros and cons choosing an entity type after passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Choose the correct tax treatment for fringe benefits granted to partners and S corporation shareholders.
- Choose the most effective strategy for depreciation of business tangible property.
- Compare IRS concerns regarding reasonable compensation for an S corporation owner versus a C corporation owner.
- Apply tax knowledge to help create an efficient and effective estate plan for a client.
- Select a tax accounting method that is appropriate for a particular business.
- Recognize tax issues involved in the exit of a shareholder from a corporation.
- Select among ways to dispose of or liquidate a business in a tax-efficient manner.
- Starting a business—the tax life of a business
- Selecting a business entity type
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Section 199A and the Qualified Business Income deduction
- Accounting Methods
- Compensation of owners—hiring family members
- Reasonable Compensation
- Depreciation, Section 179, and bonus depreciation
- Transactions with owners
- Buy-Sell and Noncompete agreements
- Exiting the business—special exit techniques
<< Back I want more information on group training
FIELD OF STUDY
CPE CREDIT HOURS8
CPAs looking for innovative tax planning and savings techniques to solve client problems
PREREQUISITEBasic knowledge of business taxation
For individual training, visit:
(Outside the U.S.) CGMAstore.com
CONTACT A TRAINING REPRESENTATIVE:
1-800-634-6780 Option 1